Sunday, July 14, 2013

On the Bookshelf....The Icecutter's Daughter by Tracie Peterson July 14,2013

What is on the bookshelf here at the Lampert Home?


Well right now I am currently reading The Icecutter's Daughter by Tracie Peterson.

I have to say that I love to read a good book. In the past I have read Tracie Peterson's books and I can't ever remember being disappointed.

I was interested in reading this book as the main character Merrill is a strong woman, taking care of her brothers and father in 1895.
 The book draws you in as you are wondering what has happened to put Merrill in this position of taking care of her family. You wonder what she really wants out of her life, is she happy with what has happened. Does she want kids and a husband? Where would she find someone, would her family let her get married if she did find someone acceptable? I found that I can symphathize with her and her situation very easily.

The bonus for me is that it is set in Minnesota! Being I am from Minnesota I really like to read books that are based in my home area. Makes the book really come to life for me!

I really enjoyed this book, it was a book that you wanted to start and keep reading until it was done. I would recommend reading this book or buy one for a gift.

I did receive this book free of charge. All that Bethany House asked me to do was to post an honest book review to my blog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment