Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spooner Advocate Column- March 28, 2013

Good morning- I am so glad to be back in our little neck of the woods! I am sorry that I missed the column last week I was in Green Bay for the AIHEC Conference.  The AIHEC Conference is held yearly, in different states for all the Native Colleges from across the US to come to and compete in different categories. It was a great time, I met some really nice people, competed against worthy advocates and got to see Green Bay too! LCO Community College did a great job and came home with many awards. I am proud of all the hard work and time that all the competitors put into their events. You all did an amazing job and showed everyone that LCO Community College can really do battle against the other Colleges! I look forward to going again next year and winning even more competitions!
 
I want to send out a BIG THANK YOU to whoever plowed my driveway on the last snow fall. I am hoping that we are seeing the last of the snow, however it is still March! I am so thankful for you! You have no idea what a blessing that you have been to us!
 
The next election for the town of Springbrook is April 2. Springbrook will hold its meetings and elections at the VFW meeting room in Springbrook until further notice. The polls are open from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m. Questions, please call Kathy Helm, 715.766.2155.
 
Happy birthday to all those March birthdays out there! Hope you have a beautiful birthday. You are special, and we love you!
 
On April 6, 2013 St Joseph's Annual Quilt Show will be held in Rice Lake. St. Joseph's is located at 111 W Marshall Street, Rice Lake. THe quilt show runs from 9 am -3 pm, admission is $3.00. There will be all kinds of quilts to look at, vendors and also if you are interested in knitting, spinning or talking about yarns and fiber the Spinning group from the Rice Lake area will have a table all set-up. The show is always a good one to go check out, we had a great time there last year! Come on out and get inspired!
 
Well Easter is right around the corner, hard to believe. I pray that you all have a wonderful time during this Easter holiday and Spring break. Remember God loves you, even if we think He can't/won't/doesn't. He would not have sent his son Jesus to take our punishment if He did not cherish us. I wish all my readers and their families a blessed Easter. 
 
Things to put on your calendar ...
 
Shephard's Harvest, May 11-12, 2013 at the Washington County Fairgrounds in Lake Elmo, MN. They are open Sat 9-5 pm and Sun 10-4 pm, admission is FREE! More information or to sign-up for classes held on May 10 please go to their website- www.shephardsharvestfestival.org .
 
Minnesota Quilters 35th annual Quilt Show and Conference. This year it is in Duluth, Minn., on June 13-15. Classes begin June 12. You can get more information off their website, www.mnquilt.org/mq2013. Good luck to all those quilters who put their beautiful creations in quilt shows, I hope you win some ribbons! I know I am always inspired by each creation that I see when I go to the shows. We really have some talented people out there. 
 
Wisconsin Farm Tech Days July 9-11, 2013. Held at Breezy Hill Dairy, 147 16th Street, Dallas, WI. They will be open 9-5 pm daily, further information www.barronfarmtech.com .   
 
The 2013 Hayward Quilt Show is July 26-27 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Flat Creek Inn in Hayward. If you have questions or donations please contact haywardpiecemakers@hotmail.com.
 
I just wanted to ask all those in the area to let me know what is going on. There must be something going on at the churches, quilting groups, 4-H or something.  I appreciate all of you reading the column weekly. Until next week, do something unexpected for someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment