Thursday, July 31, 2014

Spooner Advocate- Springbrook/ Trego Column, July 31, 2014

Good day friends-What a Monday! I guess I should not really complain but man I am so tired of car problems! So my car is broke down in Gordon at the wonderful yarn store there! Last week I had a flat tire on the van! I look forward to the day that I have a car that is newer and not always needing attention! Ughhh until I do I guess I will deal with what I have! 

First I want to send a big sorry to Charlotte Thompson! I just got the flyer you sent me about the talent contest. I sure hope you had a good turn out. Please send me information in the future. 

Speaking of gardens! Mikhaila and I went to the Spooner Garden Club last week and met some wonderful people! Thanks to Clint for a great garden tour, such a beautiful garden! Also a big thank you to Nancy Neuman who showed us her lovely gardens there in Spooner! Wow! She has gorgeous plants and just wonderful gardens! Thank you so much to the garden club for the warm welcome! We look forward to coming to another of your events!

Remember to go to the Sawyer County Fair, August 14-17th!!  We always go and have a wonderful time!They need some volunteers to make the  fair go along a little more smoothly. If you can help volunteer please call Kelly Froemel at 715-699-6015. Mikhaila  and I have had fun volunteering at the fair in the past, matter of fact I better get on the phone and call Kelly! More information can be found at www.sawyercountyfair.org

Happy Birthday to all the August birthdays out there!  Happy birthday to my darling daughter Mikhaila who turns 18 on the 15th! I can't believe it has been 18 years that I have had the privilege to be your mother!  I am so proud of the wonderful young lady you have become. Happy birthday to Roma Eder, hope your birthday is great! Have a wonderful birthday readers and I hope it is happy and that you do something fun!  Remember we love you! Hugs!
 
Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College is working on the calendar for August classes. If you want an e-mail copy let us know your e-mail!  If you would like to  register for a class, or have an idea please call Amber at 715-634-4790 X156, or on email at marlowa@lco.edu. Farmers Market is held EVERY FRIDAY, from 9-1pm at the IGA parking lot!!  
If you would like to suggest a class  be held at the College please give us a call or drop us an e-mail. We would love to hear from you!

Put on your calendar!

September 4-6, 2014 Quilt Expo with Nancy Zieman in Madison, WI.  Vendors, exhibits, presenters, quilt contests and more! Go to www.wiquiltexpo.com for more information.

September 5-7, 2014 Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival. More information can be found at www.wisconsinsheepandwoolfestival.com. I really want to go this year as I have sheep and want to get to be a better shepherdess, hmmm need to go browse the catalog. Anyone else going out there beside Carmella and Toby?/

September 13, 2014- 7th Annual Knitting and Crocheting Extravaganza! Frederic High School, from 9-3 pm! It really is the best $20 you can spend on yourself! Any questions call Konnie at 715-653-2619 or email the ladies at knittingextravaganza@live.com or you can go to their website as well www.knittingandcrochetextravaganza.com. I look forward to seeing some of you there!

Please remember that I would like any information from all of you of what is going on! This is your column ! Any garage sales, church functions, raffles etc? Let me know- thank you!


Have a friend or family member that would be interested in the column? Maybe they live out of town? They can access the column on my blog on Thursdays, at www.twogirlsandagarden.blogspot.com .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment