Monday, June 9, 2014

Spooner Advocate Column- Springbrook Column- June 5, 2014

Good afternoon friends- Well yes I am in the state for a change! Now it is time to get our gardens in and get all the plants out of my house! I look like I live in a green house! It has been alot of fun though starting all the plants this year for the community gardens. Are there others out there that are working on your gardens? I am sure that most of you have them in already, or nearly done. I have a long way to go before mine is done.
 
Does anyone out there have extra plants that they don't need? We are still going to be doing a plant swap so put some plants aside and come visit with me! My friend Cris Cantin`is having her plant giveaway THIS Saturday June 7th from 10:00am until to 1:00 pm at the little park in Prairie Farm, there will be signs up in case you are not familiar with the area. I will be holding a plant swap at the Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College Farm,  on June 14, 2014 from 10:00-1:00pm. If you have plants that you do not need please bring them, you can swap for another plant or just drop them off for others to take, if you have seed as well that you would like to share please bring them. If any one has black plastic pots, flat trays or anything else that they are not going to use please bring them with, they will be cleaned up and reused next planting season! If nothing else come and chat with us gardeners. The Farm is located at 13457W Frommel Road. If you need directions give me a call.
 
I would like to say congrats to all the people that graduated from Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College! I am proud of each and every one of you! May your future be everything you hope for. Hugs to you all!
 
I am proud of all the young adults at Spooner High School you have all done a fabulous job at school and I know you have a bright future ahead of you!  Hats off to the class of 2014!! I would also like to congratulate the Hayward class of 2014! I hope each of you are blessed with a fantastic future. Go and enjoy your summer graduates!
 
Please remember that I would like any information from all of you of what is going on! This is your column ok? Any garage sales, church functions, raffles etc? Let me know- thank you!
 
Are there any seed savers out there? I was just at Seed Saving school and would love to meet some other "seed" people. I am in the process of putting together a seed bank as well a seed library. Are there any seeds that you would like to donate? I would love to talk to anyone that shares this interest with me! Give me a call or send me an e-mail.
 
Happy Birthday to all the folks born in June! Happy Birthday to my sister Donna, Happy belated to my step mom Mary Ann. I hope each of you has a wonderful birthday!   Remember we love you! Hugs to each of you! 


Have a friend or family member that would be interested in the column? Maybe they live out of town? They can access the column on my blog on Thursdays, at www.twogirlsandagarden.blogspot.com .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment