Saturday, August 30, 2014

Spooner Advocate- Springbrook Column - August 28, 2014

Good day friends- Are we enjoying this weather? It sure is strange isn't it? The rainstorm last night was nice and it sure was muggy out there yesterday! I sure hope that no one had bad weather as there were tornado warning out for some of our counties as well as MN. I am not fond of tornadoes- been in one to many dangerous ones!
 
How are the gardens coming? Seems like everything is late this year. Plus some things have been washed out and will not becoming back! Any canners out there? I hope I am not the only one! I would like to make some corn cob jelly- I know it sounds weird but hey I want to see if I can use all the product up. Anyone else out there ever eaten this or made it?  If you  have extra produce I hope you share it with friends.

Dave Parker from the Springbrook VFW gave me a call to let everyone know about Springbrook Days! They are being held Saturday, August 30th in the town of Springbrook. The VFW will have a slip and slide, bouncy house, and they would like to do a parade again. The VFW will be having a BBQ Pork Feed from 12-2 or so.... Adults are $8.00 and kids are $5.00. This is always a really good time, so come out and show your local area your support!If you have questions or would like to sign up to be in the parade please give the VFW a call at 715-766-2128
My U of M-Duluth Bulldog will be leaving soon! We are busy packing and man it is kind of hard. Been with this snotty nose kid for so long I wonder what it will be like to live by myself! LOL Of course I am not by myself with all the animals I have, but still not all of them walk around saying mmmaaaaaaa this and mmmaaaaa that! She leaves on Thursday so please keep us in prayer.
 
Good luck to all the Hayward and Spooner graduates that are going on to school or working! I hope this is a great time in your life!  Please be safe as you go out into the big world, ask for help if you need it and enjoy it! You are only this age once!
 
Mikhaila let me know that  Kaelan Anderson good to college in MI safely, that was a relief! Once again the best of luck at college this fall! I know you will do a great job and achieve all those goals that you are setting! Have a fantastic first semester!
 
Happy Birthday to all the August birthdays out there!  Happy birthday to my darling daughter Mikhaila who turns 18 on the 15th! I can't believe it has been 18 years that I have had the privilege to be your mother!  I am so proud of the wonderful young lady you have become. Happy Birthday to the President of the United States! Happy birthday to Roma Eder, hope your birthday is great! Happy birthday to Karen Cavenaugh!  Have a wonderful birthday readers and I hope it is happy and that you do something fun!  Remember we love you! Hugs!
 
Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College has its calendar out for August classes. If you want an e-mail copy let us know your e-mail!  If you would like to  register for a class, or have an idea please call Amber at 715-634-4790 X156, or on email at marlowa@lco.edu. Farmers Market is held EVERY FRIDAY, from 9-1pm at the Country Market (the old IGA) parking lot!!  Aug. 29th Black Ash Basket making at the LCOOCC College farm.
If you would like to suggest a class  be held at the College please give us a call or drop us an e-mail. We would love to hear from you!

September 4-6, 2014 Quilt Expo with Nancy Zieman in Madison, WI.  Vendors, exhibits, presenters, quilt contests and more! Go to www.wiquiltexpo.com for more information.

September 5-7, 2014 Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival. More information can be found at www.wisconsinsheepandwoolfestival.com. I really want to go this year as I have sheep and want to get to be a better shepherdess, hmmm need to go browse the catalog. Anyone else going out there beside Carmella and Toby?

Time to get those registrations in for the- 7th Annual Knitting and Crocheting Extravaganza being held on September 13, 2014! Frederic High School, from 9-3 pm! It really is the best $20 you can spend on yourself! Any questions call Konnie at 715-653-2619 or email the ladies at knittingextravaganza@live.com or you can go to their website as well www.knittingandcrochetextravaganza.com. I look forward to seeing some of you there!

Put on your calendar!

Return to First Medicines will b helsdSeptember 26-28, 2014 at the University Forestry in Cloquet, MN. The cost is $25.00. Pleas go to the website for further information on this wonderful program www.indigenouspeoplestaskforce.com or give Suzanne Nash a call at 612-722-6248 or an email at suzannen@indigenouspeoplestf.org. I hope to see some of you at this wonderful learning event!
 
September 26 - October 4th, 2014.  Falling Leaves Shop Hop. More information can be found on Facebook at 7th Annual Falling Leaves Shop Hop or contact Thimbles, Busy Bobbin or one of the other participating shops!

Please remember that I would like any information from all of you of what is going on! This is your column ! Any garage sales, church functions, raffles etc? Let me know- thank you!

Have a friend or family member that would be interested in the column? Maybe they live out of town? They can access the column on my blog on Thursdays, at www.twogirlsandagarden.blogspot.com .
 
 Pull out those sweatshirts and have a bonfire in the back yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment