Friday, January 18, 2013

Spooner Advocate Column- Jan 17,2013

Good morning neighbors! How is everyone doing out there? 
 
All I can say this morning is burr. I am really getting soft in my old age I tell ya! I suppose I should not complain as it is winter and we have been fairly spoiled this year.
 
Congrats to the Spooner Rails for winning against Ladysmith last Friday. Sounds like it was a good basketball game! I also heard that the teens really had fun at the dance afterwards. Sounds like there was alot of movin' and groovin'. Thanks to all the teachers/volunteers that chaperoned the dance.
 
Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College has there new Extension Programming Calendar out. Jan 11th Intro to Jan 23rd Fish Decoy Making Part 1- 4-8 pm, Jan 24th Fish Decoy Making Part 2- 4-8pm, Jan 29th Bread making Class- 5-8 pm, Jan 31 Intro Backyard Chickens 5-6pm followed by the Film: "American Meat" 6:30-8pm. To register for any of these classes please contact Arlene Larson at 715-634-4790 ext 196 alarson@lco.edu  or marlowa@lco.edu
 
Hayward Piecemaker’s Quilt Guild held their meeting today and all I can say is these women can quilt! We had a great demo by Jean, showing us some heart patterns and JoAnn, showing us how to applique. I am leaving with some great patterns and inspiration. Thank you ladies for sharing all your talent with us. If you are like me I like things on my calendar as far ahead as possible so here you go.... The 2013 Hayward Quilt Show is July 25-26 from 10 am- 4 pm at the Flat Creek Inn in Hayward, WI. If you have questions or donations please contact haywardpiecemakers@hotmail.com.
 
I just wanted to ask all those in the area to let me know what is going on. There must be something going on at the churches, quilting groups, 4H or something. Give me a call and let me know. I appreciate all of you reading the column weekly. Until next week, keep smiling!   

No comments:

Post a Comment