Wednesday, January 29, 2014

More Than Petticoats: Remarkable Colorado Woman By Gayle C. Shirley






What a great book! I got this book on my travels to Colorado this fall. I have to say I just love Colorado and thought I would learn about some great woman from that area.
I have to say that it was a great read, easy to get into, hard to put down. I started reading it and was just fascinated by all the history. These woman were very strong, influential people during their time. If you want a book to read that really shows some real Girl Power I would highly recommend this book!

Here are just a couple of woman that are listed:

Chipeta, Indian Peacemaker
Frances Wisebart Jacobs, Mother of Charities
Aunt Clara Brown, Angel of the Rockies
Josephine Roche, Labor Advocate

I will definitely go check out some more of these books.
Happy Reading 

No comments:

Post a Comment