Monday, January 27, 2014

The Improbable Shepherd by Sylvia Jorrin





All I can say about this book is that I love it! I loved every minute of reading it!

I wish that her and I were neighbors! I could borrow a ram from her as there is none locally here for me.Since that is not an option I would like to go to Sylvia's Farm, meet all her barnyard friends, have tea, and sit by the fire with her and chat. I would ask her if she has figured out why we are crazy for animals, why do we put ourselves through this life that is filled with ups and downs? Why can't we live a life like normal people- whatever that is? Although I already know that we are just different people than the norm out there. We are throwbacks from a different era. We are someone that loves animals, sometimes more than other people or creature comforts!

This book was so touching, it made you feeling like you are living her dream with her. It gives you a true portrait of what she is feeling and that even though us farmers have to make some hard decisions they are not made easily. They do leave their mark on us!

I am going to go see if I can get ahold of her column that she writes as it would be nice to keep reading her writing..she has a great way with details and just making you know exactly what she is saying.

I do have here her next book The Improbable Shephard... I have not started it, but I am sure that it will be as great as the first!

So yourself a favor and go read these wonderful books! A big thank you to Hatherleigh for the free book! I told them that I would do a review for them as a thank you for the great book. If you want to see what other books Hatherleigh has published go to www.hatherleighpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment