Thursday, January 9, 2014

Spooner Advocate- Springbrook Column, January 9, 2014

Good afternoon neighbors- Can you believe -50 degrees?  What a great New Year's gift!! Hope your holiday season was delightful.  Sorry I haven't been in touch, with car and health problems its been nuts but it's a New Year and hoping for good things from 2014. 

My prayers and thoughts go out to anyone who has recently lost a loved one due to various accidents in the area.  Please be safe, travel carefully, and be sure to let someone know your route in case of accidents!!

THIS WEEKEND!!
Hey all you seed savers out there! I am hosting a local seed swap and I would like it if you came! It is Jan 11, 2014, from 10 am until 1:30 pm. It will be held at the LCO Farm, at 13457 Froemel Road, Hayward, WI. We will share seeds, if you are a seed saver bring some to share,if you have purchased seeds and have decided to not plant them, come swap them! If you a beginning gardener or would like to start seed saving please come and learn about this fun hobby! I will have coffee and tea, some treats,a light lunch. We also will be putting seed orders together from Fedco,etc. By putting our orders together we save money, a higher dollar amount means a bigger percent off! I would appreciate all those that may know someone that is interested in seeds to share this information and invite them to come. A friend and I are also planning a Seed Swap in Prairie Farm, WI on January 18, 2014 from 10-1:30 pm at the elementary school. I am also planning a plant swap for May! Any questions/ suggestions. Contact me at twogirlsandagarden@hotmail.com or call me 715-558-0335.

If you are looking for something to inspire you, the Denver Botanic Gardens has a great website and I have to say the whole place is wonderful! Very lovely gardens, here are a few of my favorite. The Victorian Secret Garden, the Orangery, Water gardens, the Herb Gardens- Gorgeous! I would like to invite you to go to their website and check the gardens out, the direct link is www.botanicgardens.org/our-gardens/york-street/individual-gardens. It is so nice to just go and look at the gardens while you are living in WI with lots of snow! LOL

A BIG thank you again to the gentlemen that plowed my driveway! You are a God send! I have had a challenging week with the snow, not being able to shovel! So I appreciate that you took the time and energy to help my daughter and I out!

Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College would like to say thank you to everyone that has taught a class or come out to learn something new with us. Hope you had a Merry Christmas, and we look forward to seeing you again in the New Year!
   
Happy Birthday to all the January birthdays out there! You are sure getting some snow to make your birthday extra special and bright!  I hope you have a beautiful birthday spent with friends and family, doing something that makes YOU happy! We love you!
I would like to thank all my readers for taking time out of their busy schedule to read my column. I have had the pleasure of meeting lots of you while out and about in the neighborhood. I wish the best for you and your family during 2014. Whatever May it be filled with love, happiness and bountiful blessings.  Hugs!

   If you have a recipe to share send it my way as I am always looking to try something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment