Thursday, February 27, 2014

Spooner Advocate- Springbrook Column, February 27, 2014

Good afternoon friends- I sure hope this finds you dug out of all the snow that we received. I know I had a ton of over at my house and with the wind whipping around it all drifted right across my driveway! It was a nightmare to try and get around! I hope everyone was safe while removing snow or while driving around. It sure looks beautiful looking outside with the sun shining, but is cold if you do need to go out for very long! Please be safe when you are out and about folks, the banks at that end of the street are TALL! Always double check to see if it is safe to go.

Congrats to all the people that came and participated in the Birkie! Wow you guys are troopers. A big thanks to all the volunteers, skis, fans, sponsors and those that had to help move all the snow around. We hope everyone had a good time at all the events and had fun. Congrats to all the winners!

Spring workshops being offered at Art Market 63March 6, from 11-3 A Taste of Stained Glass- Avis Rosenlund, $50.00.March 8, from 1-3 Scherenschnitt (or scissor cut)- Birgit Wolff, $25/30. March 15, from 10-12 Watercolor for Grades 7-10- Marilyn Higgs, $20.00. For a detailed description please go to their website. They have a current calendar up, you can register and ask questions. www.cablehaywardarts.org or give them a call 715-413-0927.


There is a new restaurant in our area, Pine Brook Farms is at W4221 County Hwy A, Spooner, WI
715 -635-4511. I have heard that they were pretty busy over Valentine's Day. Sounds like they are open Friday 4pm - 9 pm, Saturday 9am - 9pm, Sunday 9am - 4pm. So welcome to the neighborhood!

Happy Birthday to all the folks born in last part of  February and the first part of March! I have to say that the nicest, most wonderful  people are born in February! Yes... you guessed it I have a birthday this month...no I will not tell you how old I am! A lady must keep her secrets! Happy birthday goes to Leif Nestingen on the 9th, Haley Bintner on the 20th, and her mom Gail Koskela on the 22nd. I sure hope you do something fun and exciting, with friends and family for your birthday. Remember we love you!
 
LCOOCC has their calendar of events out so here are the classes we are offering for February.   Feb 26th Beading Circle in room 305 from 5-8 pm and Bellydancing from 5:30- 6:30 in the auditorium, Feb 28th Snowshoeing, meet at the college at 9am arrive 2pm, lunch provided. Give Amber a call with your class registration, questions or with an idea for a class, 715-634-4790 X156. 

Have a friend or family member that would be interested in the column? Maybe they live out of town? They can access the column on my blog on Thursdays, at www.twogirlsandagarden.blogspot.com .
 
 If you would like me to put something in the column send me your info to P.O. Box 172, Stone Lake, WI 54876-0172.  Stay warm, stay focused, February is a short month!

No comments:

Post a Comment