Friday, April 1, 2011

The update I promised

Ok so here is the update. I have two and 1/2 bags of potting soil. Which I really thought there was more back there. There still may be as I sent my daughter back to see, I couldn't make it back to the garden to look myself! By the time I made it out the door and was heading for the car I thought I was going to pop a lung and I had such a hack going it sounded like I smoked 3 packs of cigs a day! Anyway that was scary! At least the air was not cold or I would have been in serious trouble! Any of you people like me out there, just stay home the extra day to recoup!

I also have enough plant containers to get something going but I still think I should get a recycle thing out there at the end of the drive. People just usually throw them away. I took a whole bunch back to the greeenhouse last year!

Well on to the seeds. I hate to say but I have way to many herbs and flowers!! Not enough veggies!! I told Mikhaila she will be eating flowers, she was not too happy! She also was alittle miffed because I only had one package of spinach! Is it my fault she thinks she is Popeye's sister? I barely got any out of the garden last two years, plus we increased what I put in last year. She goes through grazing on everything that is ready before I can scoop it up. But hey that is better than the alternative! All my tomato seeds are MIA. They must have fallen out so I will hunt for those tomorrow. I should be totally set on herbs and flowers for real. I just need geraniums for sure. Unless of course I find something I can't live without. I just had to put that clause in there.

I was excited to get an awesome catalog in the mail today!! I am sure I got it from being on the Master Gardener's mail list again. If you have not taken the Master Gardener Course look into it. Really, the people here at our Ag Station are worth a million! I will tell you about the awesome catalog tomorrow, hopefully, as I do not have permission to put them on here yet. If you know of a catalog I need please let me know! Good night friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment